Thursday, April 10, 2014

Comfort of Fences by Stacy Overman Morrison

 

A dying mother, a special needs child, good friends.

Good friends are what you need when you know your last days are approaching and there is no family available.

COMFORT OF FENCES walks you through the lives of Ruth and Denise, mother and daughter, and Ruth’s best friend, Georgia.  You will see the bond between them as Ruth is dying and trying to provide for Denise when she is gone.

COMFORT OF FENCES takes you back to Ruth's days before Denise was born through a story Ruth writes as she waits for the cancer to take her.  Ruth wants Denise to know what her life was like as a young mother and why she made the decisions she did for Denise.

Your heart will break for Ruth, but realize what a strong person she is.  You will also admire her.  You will love Georgia for her steadfast loyalty to her childhood friend. You will love Denise for all she had to endure in her life and how she held up.

COMFORT OF FENCES took a few pages to get moving.  The beginning was sort of repetitive, but as Ruth began telling the story of her life, the book became a bit more interesting..

COMFORT OF FENCES is a book about relationships both good and bad, the choices we make because we have to, and secrets that we keep. 4/5

This book was given to me free of charge by the author in return for an honest review.


9 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I have not heard of this one, but it looks like one I would read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get to read it.

    THANKS for stopping, grammajudyb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this must have been a difficult read, but good. thanks for your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a bit difficult.

    THANKS for stopping, Irene.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I could handle this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was sad, but not too bad, stacybuckeye.

    The author handled it nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elizabeth, great review, and I know I will be adding Comfort of Fences to my reading list. I'll be sure to have a box of tissues nearby, as it sounds as if I'll need them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. THANKS for stopping, Ruth.

    I hope you get to read the book.

    ReplyDelete